Post Top Ad

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Wishing everyone a wonderful new year with Suji/Semolina Pudding with Date Palm Jaggery

       This is the last post of this year 2014. A whole year went by, when I look back, I did some fruitful job as a blogger, which I never thought of doing when I started blogging as a hobby. Many wonderful opportunities came to me this year and I grabbed and satisfied my clients. I did website reviews for many major websites like Ask me.com, Foodpanda.com, Bigbasket.com, Magickart.in etc. and new product launch reviews for Hudson canola Oil and Paper Boat. My baking talent was featured recently in a leading newspaper named Telegragh India. So, my blog baby is giving me the feeling of fullfillness and more enthusiasm to go on in coming years too. My facebook page has reached 1300+ followers, what else can I want more? I am feeling super happy and super enthusiastic of whatever I have achieved so far. I want to thank God first of all and then my family(kids Specially, who are the tester and unbiased critic of any recipe I try out) and last but not the least, my readers and followers and blog visitors, who are the fuel of my energy and enthusiasm. I promise not to dishearten you all in this year, too. You also promise to stay with me and support me as always.

       As the year ends, I am taking the resolution to be more responsible towards my responsibility of being a blogger and will experiment with food more and share with my readers. We, Indians, always celebrate our happiness and success with something sweet. How can I be different in this matter? I'll be sharing a very common but versatile dessert item with a twist, which is more healthy and delicious. It is Sujir payesh(nolen Gur diye) or Semolina pudding with liquid date palm jaggery


You need :
Suji/Semolina : 1 cup
Ghee : 2 tblsp.
Khejurer Gur/liquid Palm jaggery : ~ 1 cup
Warm Milk : 2 cups, more if needed
Cardamom(green) : 8-10, deseeded and grounded to powder
Raisins : 1/3 cup
Cahew nuts : 10-12

How To :
  • Heat ghee in a pan and add raisins and cashew nuts and fry till nuts are lightly brown and rainsins are puffed up. Drain them and remove. In the same pan, add semolina and start roasting the semolina with continuous stirring till semolina change its color to light brown.
  • Lower the heat and add milk in there. Semolina will soak all the milk immediately, if needed 1/2 cup of add warm in there and stir till semolina turn soft.
  • Then remove the pan from heat and add palm jaggery, as much is needed to satisfy your sweet tooth. Don't forget to stir continuously. Add rainsins and cashewnuts and mix.
  • Lastly, sprinkle caradmom powder over the pana nd give it good mix. 
  • Remove from heat and serve in warm or room temperature or cold. 
  • Enjoy....................................................

Wishing all my readers, blogger friends, followers and blog visitors a wonderful New Year 2015




Wednesday, December 31, 2014 / by / 2 Comments

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your valuable feedback. This means a lot to me...

Post Top Ad