Post Top Ad

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Pasta Mexicana

    I did another experiment with pasta today. As it was weekend, it was my daughter's demand to make pasta for dinner and she always instigates me to try out new recipes with something she loves very much like Paneer(Indian cottage cheese) and Pasta, her two favorite food. I had a store-bought bottle of salsa in the refrigerator which suddenly clicked me while I was boiling the pasta, till then I was unsure what I was going to make with the boiled pasta. Then I cooked up the whole recipe in my mind and within 20 minutes PASTA MEXICANA was on the dinner table. A slightly spicy, little tangy pasta loaded with vegetables and smoky sausages was served on the dinner table. My daughter was totally surprised to know that I cooked the pasta with salsa and she loved and licked the whole plate. 

Now it's your turn to know the recipe...let's move then...........

You Need :
Pasta ( any type)
Chicken sausage : 3-4, fried(Optional, vegetarians skip this)
Carrot : 1, choope
Bell Pepper : 1, chopped
Sweet Corn : 1/2 cup
Onions : 2, sliced
Garlic : 5-6 fat cloves, grated
Tomato ; 2, diced
Salsa sauce : 3 tblsp.
Red Chilli Flakes : 1 tblsp. (optional but recommended, use as per your tolerance level)
Oil : 2 tblsp.
Salt to taste
Black Pepper : 1 tsp.
Dried Rosemary : a pinch

How To :
  • Take any type of pasta, boil in a pot of water with a pinch of salt and little oil till just done. Drain, rinse and keep aside.
  • Heat oil in a pan, fry the sausages from all sides. Keep aside. add chopped carrots, saute till they are half done. Add chopped bell pepper, sweet corn and onion. Saute again, after 3-4 minutes, add diced tomatoes and saute till tomatoes just starts to soften, add grated garlic, mix well with vegetables.
  • Now add salsa and red chilli flakes, mix well. I used red chilli flakes as the salsa I used in this pasta was quite mild. Add cooked pasta and mix well with the sauce. Season with salt and black pepper as per your taste. Add rosemary and in high heat, saute for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately.

If by any chance you happen to try this recipe, please let me know if you have liked it or not................thanks in advance.








Sunday, November 09, 2014 / by / 1 Comments

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your valuable feedback. This means a lot to me...

Post Top Ad