Post Top Ad

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Flavourful Microwave Vegetable Pulao

This Vegetable Pulao I often make in Microwave whenever I am in a hurry to fix a lunch or dinner. It's a very flavourful pulao recipe with some aromatic spices. You can just have it without any side dish or just with any kind of raita or pickle. Goes well with any vegetable side dish or Non-veg. side dishes. This time I had it with Chicken chaap.


Ingredients : 
Basmati Rice : 1 cup
Oil : 2 tblsp.
Vegetables(carrots, beans, corn, green peas, cauliflower etc.) : 1 cup
Onion : 1(sliced)
Ginger-garlic paste : 2tsp.
Turmeric powder :1/2 tsp.
Red chilli powder : 1/2-1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Ghee/clarified butter : 1tblsp.
Lemon juice : 1 tsp.
Spices to be crushed :
Black peppercorns : 8-10
Fennel seeds : 2 tsp.
Biriyani masala : 2 tsp.(optional)(available in Indian grocery store)
Green cardamoms : 3-4
Cloves : 4
Cinnamon stick : 1(1")
Crush all the spices together into a coarse powder

Method :
  • Soak rice in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes. In a microwave proof bowl, put oil and sliced onion and ginger-garlic paste. Micro high(100% power) for 3 minutes. Take the bowl out, stir and add all the chopped vegetables and a pinch of salt. Again Micro high for another 3 mins. 
  • Take the bowl out and add soaked rice, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, crushed spices, ghee and salt. Mix everything well and micro covered High for 7 minutes, .
  • Take the bowl out, add lemon juice, stir gently with a ladle and micro covered high for another 7 minutes or until rice is just done. Keep covered for another 5 minutes. Give a gentle stir.
  • Serve hot.


Linking This to Bon Vivant # 8 - Rice Recipes, hosted by Sumee's Culinary Bites 







 & to Serve It - Microwaved, hosted by Oh Taste n See, created by Krithi's Kitchen
 










 
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 / by / 11 Comments

11 comments:

  1. Delicious vegetable pulao, love at any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply delicious

    ♥ For latest recipe visit my blog - Tomato Basil Soup
    ♥ http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com/
    ♥ Like me on Facebook!
    ♥ https://www.facebook.com/ShwetaintheKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this colourful veg pulao. Perfectly made.

    Today's recipe:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.com/2012/09/cholar-daler-bora-bengal-gram-fritters.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely inviting, fantastic food..Makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made this vegetable pulao few days ago, and it was so yummy. I've actually added more of turmeric powder as I enjoy eating spicy foods. Nevertheless, it was still awesome. My mom enjoyed what I just did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, friends for liking the recipe..try out and let me know....
    @ Sweetlady, It's feels very nice that you have tried and liked it, even your mother liked it..Thanks for letting me know, it means a lot to me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy looking pulav! Thnx for linking it up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your valuable feedback. This means a lot to me...

Post Top Ad